What You See Is What You Get is a generative stained-glass windows that provide real-time visualization of sociologically sensitive big data. It is an attempt to represent this relentless movement of good and evil, of order and chaos, through technological evolution in an archaic form: the stained glass window.
In the video projection: artistic interpretation of the data with generative particle work.
On the screen: explanation of the data used to create the stained-glass window, their sources, and their evolution, generally since this morning, in the form of counters.
Data “fighting” in the 5 stained glass windows:
- Global government spending on education / on military
- Expenditure on weight loss programs / Expenditure on food aid / amount that would feed the hungry
- Desertification / Toxic chemicals dumped / Forests destroyed
- Evolution of the extreme right vote in France, Belgium, Germany and Holland
- Population growth on earth / births / deaths